Thursday, May 8, 2008

Grand Doesn't Even Describe It

"Holy Hell!"

It was the only thing I could utter upon walking to the rim of the Grand Canyon. Just insane how enormous that gigantic gash in the earth is. I've seen countless pictures of this area, but you can't even put into words how insignificant you feel standing on the top looking down to the Colorado river below.

We spent about an hour gazing down into the depths of the canyon. On account of my fear of heights, you won't be seeing any pictures of me with my back to the edge of the rim. It makes me nervous just thinking about it. No one else is nearly as scared of the high places as I am - which is why they are the ones shining bright smiles with the canyon majestically propped in the background.

It was definately worth the 400+ mile drive yesterday to be able to do this. You can see the posted pictures...but like I said, they will fail to even come close to the immensity of the canyon.

***

Tonight we are playing Flagstaff at Mia's Lounge. It looks like a really cool room, complete with a huge stage. This is a rare event on a tour of this level. We generally are crammed into a coffee can, trying not to impale/probe each other with guitars, drum sticks, and mic stands. It will be a good night, indeed.

cheers,
DF & SBSD

No comments: